IntelliJ IDEA / PhpStorm Symfony Plugin
- Install the plugin by going to
Settings -> Plugins -> Browse repositoriesand then search for
- Enabled it per project (File -> Settings -> Languages & Framework -> PHP -> Symfony)
- Install Php Annotation plugin to enjoy all the annotation stuff
- Plugin needs a valid PhpStorm indexer, use "File > Invalidate Caches / Restart" if something crazy is going on
- This plugin supports Symfony 2, 3, 4, ...
Documentation and tutorials
- Documentation read online or fork doc
- JetBrains: Symfony Development using PhpStorm
- KnpUniversity: Lean and Mean Dev with PhpStorm (for Symfony)
- Slides: PhpStorm: Symfony2 Plugin
Autocomplete (or something else) is not working! Help!
- You usually need to trigger the autocomplete popup yourself, by pressing CTRL+SPACE (may be a different shortcut depending on your keymap).
- Check your File -> Settings -> Languages & Framework -> PHP -> Symfony -> Enable Plugin for this Project
Building, debugging and other
- Open the project in IntelliJ, and follow the steps here : http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/PhpStorm/Setting-up+environment+for+PhpStorm+plugin+development
- See how to debug and get into PhpStorm dev german only
- Want to donate? nice go here
What? Something still does not work? Damn!
You can browse the existing issues at https://github.com/Haehnchen/idea-php-symfony2-plugin/issues
If your issue already exists, don't hesitate to add a comment to help contributors resolve the issue more easily.
If your issue does not exist, open a new issue
Make sure to provide the maximum amount of informations, such as:
- What version of PhpStorm are you using ?
- What version of the plugin are you using ?
- The stack trace if an error occurred
- Check if you are in PhpStorm eap channel