Haxe is an open source toolkit that allows you to easily build cross-platform tools and applications that target many mainstream platforms. The Haxe toolkit includes:
- The Haxe programming language, a modern, high-level, strictly-typed programming language
- The Haxe cross-compiler, a state-of-the-art, lightning-speed compiler for many targets
- The Haxe standard library, a complete, cross-platform library of common functionality
Haxe allows you to compile for the following targets:
You can try Haxe directly from your browser at try.haxe.org!
For more information about Haxe, head to the offical Haxe website.
The Haxe project has several licenses, covering different parts of the projects.
- The Haxe compiler is released under the GNU General Public License version 2 or any later version.
- The Haxe standard library is released under the MIT license.
- The Neko virtual machine is released under the MIT license. Its bundled runtime libraries (ndll) and tools are released under open source licenses as described in https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/neko/blob/master/LICENSE
The latest stable release is available at https://haxe.org/download/. Pre-built binaries are available for your platform:
- Windows installer
- Windows binaries
- OSX installer
- OSX binaries
- Linux Software Packages
- Linux 32-bit binaries
- Linux 64-bit binaries
Automated development builds are available from build.haxe.org.
Building from source
For information on on using Haxe, consult the Haxe documentation:
- Haxe Introduction, an introduction to the Haxe toolkit
- The Haxe Manual, the reference manual for the Haxe language
- Haxe Code Cookbook, code snippets / learning resource
- Haxe API, documentation for the Haxe standard and native APIs
- Haxelib, Haxelib is the package manager for the Haxe Toolkit.
You can get help and talk with fellow Haxers from around the world via:
|3.3.0||2.1.0||21||-||5.1, 5.2, 5.3, LuaJIT 2.0, LuaJIT 2.1|
|3.4.0||1.1||5.1 and 7.0 (with
|4.0 preview 1||1.2||7.0+|
|4.0 preview 3||1.3|
|4.0 preview 4||1.6|
See CONTRIBUTING.md for more. Thank you!