Reference Video Application
Reference application for online video streaming.
This application is implemented to be a reference video catalogue and player application for DASH content on HbbTV 1.5 and 2.0.1 devices, with various DRM and subtitle tests.
Application prowides test cases and test material done with tools included in tools
- DASH Clear content ACV / HEVC
- DRM (Playready, Marlin, Clearkey)
- Out-of-Band Subtitles
- Inband subtitles
- Inband CueData
The software is under continuous development and lisenced with MIT Lisence. Issues can be reported here in github or you may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any problems or questions
Usage, testing, installation, integration:
- Test latest version of the application at http://meridian.sofiadigital.fi/tvportal/referenceapp/
- Follow installation guide to get source and set up local version
- Read API documentation: http://meridian.sofiadigital.fi/tvportal/referenceapp/doc/
- Follow integration guide to integrate videoplayer and/or components to different application
- Follow dasher guide to use dasher tool to create dash media files
- See tests report
Components and modules:
See components and modules listing at integration guide
Catalogue menu structure:
Mainmenu, submenus, assets and actions are configured in config.json file.
The file can be changed to any endpoint for data to make static menu dynamic.
Menu structure for the catalogue app should respect used json structure that is designed to represent a vod catalogue build by mainmenu and submenus.
Overall menu structure or datamodel is documented here: datamodel