How to use OLED model in Arduino
Demo with Arduino UNO
1.3 inch OLED display use SH1106 driver chip, it's include I2C or SPI interface, and internal charge- pump. BUT: it's 13264 display register with 12864 dot matrix!(Sorry for my poor English, hope you can understand what I mean)
Step 1: Connect OLED display to Arduino:
- VCC --> 3.3v or 5v
- GND --> GND
- SCL --> A5
- SDA --> A4
Step 2: Install this library
Copy "U8glib" folder into "X:\Documents\Arduino\libraries".
In order to reduce the pin number, we use a hardware RESET system. Before init OLED device, delay more than 10ms is must needed.
The standard library form Adafruit or u8glib may not very suitable for our OLED devices. Make sure you are using our provided libraries(we changed the I2C address and some defineparts). If those files already in you libraries, replace it.
Step 3: Run demo in file "U8glib\examples" and download into Arduino
Now, if without anyproblem, the OLED will run.
Issue/Bug report template
Before reporting an issue, make sure you've searched for similar one that was already created. Click here.
Summary of common problems
Can't light up the OLED display?
- Please check the follow issue:
- Check the connection between OLED and Arduino;
- Make sure you are using out provided libraries;
- The default I2C/IIC address of the display should be 0x3C. We printed in model is 0x78 or 0x7A, but for AVR or MSP430 series (Arduino based on AVR), the IIC/I2C buffer is 7-bits, so, we should right shift 1-bit while using in Arduino or MSP430.(0x3c = 0X78 >> 1)
- Check the VCC and GND pins is right be connected, never connect VCC to GND and GND to VCC, it will broke model less than a second.
- Wipe the tin Solder part with alcohol.
The dot matrix is 128*32?
Lack some lines
It caused by glass broken. The glass of OLED is very fragile, please be careful while using it. This problem outside the maintenance.