Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
How to Contribute
There are lots of opportunities for people to contribute to the EpubCheck project. There are bug fixes to be addressed, documentation to be written, test cases to be reviewed and releases to be tested.
If you'd like to contribute to the EpubCheck project, you'll probably want to:
- Join the W3C EPUB3 Community Group and/or the EpubCheck TaskForce
- Report problems and bugs to the issue tracker and submit test cases that expose these problems, either as full
.epubarchives, or as single files.
- You get bonus points if you use our minimal epub template to create a minimal testcase for your issue
- Clone this github repository, start fixing issues, and submit pull requests
- A good starting point are issues labeled "reviewed & ready for implementation" or "bug" or "missing".
- If there are open issues in a current milestone, go grab them first.
- Have a look at the WorkPlan wiki page to see what our primary focus is at the moment.
- Add JUnit tests for all your code changes in the appropriate test classes
- Perform JUnit testing in eclipse or run
mvn clean testbefore you commit your changes and make sure, no tests are broken
- Java development skills
- Test driven development (Unit tests with JUnit)
- XML processing (mostly SAX)
- Schemata development skills
- In any case, very good knowledge of EPUB specifications (or aptitude to read and understand them!) is needed