A few thought experiments solidified as code.
This library consists mainly of code that arose out of my curiosity, either about Erlang and coding in general or concerning a pericular protocol or technique. So there is little of cohesion in purposes between the different library modules. But having published these I will continue to support these since the road to enlightenment is one without terminus.
- String Processing Functions for binary encoded strings
- blist -- drop in replacement for the lists module in stdlib
- bstring -- drop in replacement for the string module in stdlib
- Pull oriented data source abstraction
- lazy -- abstracts different data sources as uniform lazy data
- Data structures
- Property lists -- plist
To make sure jhn_stdlib works on your platform, run the tests:
Two things might seem alarming when running the tests:
- Warnings emitted by cover
- En exception printed by SASL
Both are expected due to the way Erlang currently prints errors. The
important line you should look for is
All XX tests passed, if that
appears all is correct.
If you want to install your own built version of jhn_stdlib add the ebin
directory to your Erlang code path or move the jhn_stdlib folder into your
release folder and make sure that folder is in your
Patches are greatly appreciated, but since these libraries reflect my learning process and I have rather peculiar notions of code hygiene I may do extensive rewrites that does not in any way diminish the appreciation I feel or indeed express.
For a much nicer history, please write good commit messages. I know I really should.