This is the repository for a tutorial that teaches how to set up a server side rendered web application using Django and Nuxt.js.
Running the application
- Clone the project to your machine
[git clone https://github.com/Jordanirabor/recipes_app]
- Navigate into the diretory
- Source the virtual environment
- Install the dependencies
- Navigate into the backend directory
- Start the backend server
[python manage.py runserver]
- Open up a new instance of the terminal (from the parent directory of the project) and navigate into the frontend directory
- Install dependencies
- Start the frontend development server
[npm run dev]
- Explore the server-side rendered application i.e create a new recipe on this address -
- Python - A programming language that lets you work quickly and integrate systems more effectively.
- Django - A high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
- Nuxt - Nuxt.js is a minimal framework for creating Vue.js applications with server side rendering, code-splitting, hot-reloading, static generation and more.