Seeing Is Believing
Evaluates Ruby code, recording the results of each line. Integrates with any extensible editor (I've integrated it with many already, see the list). If you like Swift Playgrounds, you'll like SiB.
- Integrate with your editor
- Use as a library
- Use on the command line
- Pro Tips (useful patterns)
- Potential Future Features
- Set up it up for development work
- Watch a longer video.
- Watch John Cinnamond use it in a presentation at the 10:22 minute mark.
- Avdi uses it in Ruby Tapas, an amazing resource for developers in general and Ruby Developers in particular!
- Assumes utf-8 everywhere. If this is an issue, please see the encodings section of the wiki.
- Xmpfilter, which is a part of the rcodetools gem.
- Bret Victor's completely inspiring talk Inventing on Principle.
- My 8th Light mentor, Doug Bradbury who asked me to make it for his Kids Ruby sessions (I don't think we ever finished integrating it, though >.<)
- Whitequark for all the work on Parser
Copyright (C) 2014 Josh Cheek <firstname.lastname@example.org> This program is free software. It comes without any warranty, to the extent permitted by applicable law. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License, Version 2, as published by Sam Hocevar. See http://www.wtfpl.net/ for more details.