Static analysis tool for ELF libraries and executables.
ELF Dissector is useful if you need to do one or more of the following tasks:
- Inspecting forward and backward dependencies, on library and symbol level.
- Identifying load-time performance bottlenecks such as expensive static constructors or excessive relocations.
- Size profiling of ELF files.
- ELF structure browser.
- Tree map visualization of the size of the various parts of an ELF file.
- Relocation heatmap.
- Built-in disassmbler for x86 and AArch64.
- Browser for data type memory layouts extracted from DWARF debug information.
- Forward and backward dependency viewer.
ELF Dissector also doubles as a research platform for more experimental work around ELF files and loading/dynamic linking. Some of this is only available in CLI tools. Use at your own risk.
- Identifying sub-optimal struct packing.
- Optimizing dependency order by lookup hit rate probability.
- Identifying duplicate vtable or typeinfo emission.
- Loading/dynamic linking profiler.
- Identifying unused symbols in a set of ELF files.