Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- [feature] Release version in footer. (Partially fixes #204 *)
- [feature] New pagination for search results. (#554)
- [feature] Highlight is now passed in shortened URL.
- [feature] Improved breadcrumb.
- [baani] Add new indices to Index page.
- [seo] Better description, new image for social media.
- [fixed] Spacing issue in help section.
- [fixed] Copy button now copies with new lines. (#546)
- [fixed] Toast now appears on clicking share/copy etc. (#526)
- [analytics] WebShare button click.
- [removed] WhatsApp share button from search results page.
* Now we just need to store the previously visited version by user (in cookie?) and show a blue dot next to version/hamburger whenever there's a difference, and update cookie on click.
- Use consistent highlight method between dark and light mode.
- #460 Keep 2 word limit on romanized search.
- Fixed #515 Home page logo is broken on low res devices.
- Fixed #506 Add a help section for spelling & padched differences.
- Fixed a regression with SearchForm not reacting to URL changes.
- Fixed #348 add timeout to fetch requests.
- Fixed #448 Word break for few cases - Sihari, Bihari, etc.
- Added reset to font and display options #248 (#501).
- Highlight search query #476 (#505).
- Added link to previously read ang on Home page.
- Added Scroll to Top #490.
- Added Sundar Gutka #477.
- Added Vaars to Index page.
- Added Remote Sync Feature (Not in header menu as of now, but URL is accessible for our own testing).
- Error screen doesn’t break UI anymore #365
- Show numeric keyboard for ang mode #489
- Rename Rehatnama source #484
- Typo in footer “Charities”. #491
- Queries are now encoded to fix “phapha pair bindi “&” breaks search”. #482
- Offline screen is only shown if user is offline and is viewing homepage. #465
- Typo fix in error text ("unusual").
- Debounce font-size action. #400
- Remove English translation from Shabad Meta Box if english isn’t chosen in transliteration/translation #449
- Upgrade to React 16.4, remove deprecated componentWillReceiveProps API.
- Improve logic of SearchForm to not abuse a bug in getDerivedStateFromProps.
- Preconnect to polyfill.io and banidb for perf gains.
- Moved to husky. #478
- Move served files to public folder. We had a security flaw wherein sttm.co/server/index.js would reveal server code.
- Migrated to Webpack 4 thanks to @harpreet Singh Jee’s contributions!
- Because of above change, we have reduced our overall JS footprint
- by 26% (For: landed to home > searched > opened a result).
- by 2% (landed to home but bounced back).
- NodeJS updated to 8 by @navdeepsingh, which is 30-50% faster compared to 7, and supports newer syntaxes better, this means better server response times.
👏 User Interface & Visibility:
- We now set a cookie for darkmode, so that initial load does do a splash of white.
- theme-color meta info now makes chrome UI blue
- Grey out next/previous buttons instead of hiding them in Shabad/Ang view.
- Basic title/description for SEO, this will increase our organic traffic somewhat.
- Placeholder animation doesn’t disable search type dropdown
- Search type/source/query now match URL set fields if present, else whatever you selected last time.
- Backspace of Gurmuhki Keyboard doesn’t add undefined text to query
- Share links aren’t naked domain links anymore
- Auto redirect HTTP to HTTPS.
Service worker added for offline support and faster repeat loads.To be added in next release after proper testing.
- Copy all button.
- Copy short link input.
- Embed feature.