GoPro Wifi Hack
The unofficial API for GoPro cameras (The WiFi enabled models)
Choose the GoPro:
- GoPro HERO2 w/ WiFi BacPac
- GoPro HERO3 (Black/Silver/White) and HERO3+ (Silver/Black)
- GoPro HERO4 (Black/Silver/Session)
- GoPro HERO+ (HERO+/HERO+ LCD) and GoPro HERO (2018)
- GoPro HERO5 (Black/Session)
- GoPro HERO6 Black
- GoPro HERO7 (Black/Silver/White)
- GoPro Fusion
- GoPro MAX
- GoPro HERO8 Black coming soon
This is a community effort to document the API calls between GoPro cameras and GoPro's Smartphone App via WiFi. It has 4 sections for each camera model:
- WiFi commands: a list of WiFi commands you can use for the camera.
- Livestreaming: methods of getting a live video feed off the camera.
- Media Browsing: Instructions on getting media off the SD card via wifi.
- Camera Status: List of camera status meanings
Note: HERO4 camera is now the base for the future API, since the calls will be the same for HERO4 and above.
Does GoPro offer an official API, SDK or mobile library?
They did offer a mobile library - but they shut it down. This repository will continue to be updated until GoPro stops releasing cameras and ceases operations.
Bluetooth is used to turn camera on after WiFi AP is disabled in deep sleep, as well as for turning on/off wifi.
- Konrad Iturbe - main developer
- dough29 - HERO2 research
- EvilWombat - general and HERO3
- 3v1n0 - HERO4 research
- Maelstrom Napalm - HERO4 research
- fraannk - HERO4 research
- Sonof8Bits - Python script
- krystof-k - Bluetooth API and wake up commands
- Mark Kirschenbaum - Bluetooth commands info
- GitHub contributors
- and finally GoPro for allowing us to tinker with their cameras and not shutting down this unofficial API like instagram or snapchat, that means a lot.