Add LEARN Video Conferencing services to your IDP.
This will guide you through enabling LEARN Video Conferencing services via Zoom on your IDP. It is assumed that you have a working Shibboleth IDP installed with the membership of LEARN Identity Access Federation ( LIAF ).
Required Identity Features
Signing-in using federation to Zoom system requires following directory attributes.
Therefore, it is essential to have those fields properly populated. Specially,
- Values for the attribute mobile should be in the form of
- Values for the attribute eduPersonOrgUnitDN should be in the form of
ou=Physics,ou=Faculty of Sciences,o=University of Colombo,c=LK) ( Note: This is not the tree stucture of your directory, but an attribute for each user. )
- Values for the attribute eduPersonAffiliation must be either
library-walk-inas per the below definition,
|faculty||Academic or Research staff|
|student||Undergraduate or postgraduate student|
|employee||Employee other than staff, e.g. contractor|
|member||Comprises all the categories named above, plus other members with normal institutional privileges, such as honorary staff or visiting scholar|
|affiliate||Relationship with the institution short of full member|
|library-walk-in||A person physically present in the library|
- Zoom Service is provisioned to have pro accounts for all those who have faculty/ staff/ alum/ member or affiliate as their eduPersonAffiliation. Affiliations, student, employee and library-walk-in will have basic account types.
Basic Account: A basic user can host meetings with up to 100 participants. If 3 or more participants join, the meeting will time out after 40 minutes. They cannot utilize user and account add-ons such as large meeting, webinar, or conference room connector.
Pro Account: A pro user is a paid account by LEARN and can host unlimited meetings on the public cloud with up to 100 participants. Pro users have these additional features available:
- Customize Personal Meeting ID
- Be an alternative host
- Schedule Meetings
- Share screen as well as provide rights to participants to share their screens
- Provide Remote support to participants via personal meeting while others observe.
- Create custom polls during meetings
Allow Zoom service
Edit the Relaying Party configuration by
vim /opt/shibboleth-idp/conf/relying-party.xml and append the following bean to
<util:list id="shibboleth.RelyingPartyOverrides"> . . .
<bean parent="RelyingPartyByName" c:relyingPartyIds="https://proxy.liaf.ac.lk/Saml2/proxy_saml2_backend.xml"> <property name="profileConfigurations"> <list> <bean parent="SAML2.SSO" p:encryptAssertions="false" p:postAuthenticationFlows="attribute-release" /> <ref bean="SAML2.Logout" /> <ref bean="SAML2.AttributeQuery" /> <ref bean="SAML2.ArtifactResolution" /> <ref bean="Liberty.SSOS" /> </list> </property> </bean>
Next Restart Tomcat 8:
service tomcat8 restart
Now you can use the sign in feature of https://learn.zoom.us with your IDP through LIAF.
How to work with Zoom is available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- If you do not participate in LIAF, please follow the guidelines in becoming a member by accessing https://liaf.ac.lk
- If you have any technical issues, contact LEARN TAC (
tac[at]learn.ac.lk) for the assistance.