|Info:||See Github for the latest source.|
|Author:||Olivier Girardot <email@example.com>|
The goal of this project is to provide an online democratic platform to make decisions altogether and keep traces of the whereabouts of these decisions.
With Agora, you can :
- Create new proposals for the community to vote;
- Vote +1, 0, or -1 on any proposal;
- Connect with your Google Apps account, restricting users by domain ex: @lateral-thoughts.com
- Comment on any proposal and be notified by mail;
- Closes automatically any proposal where everyone voted +1 or 0;
- Consume RESTFul open APIs to handle users, decisions and votes;
- Upload documents to decisions and make them available for download.
Quick note on vote practices
If you are totally in favour of a proposal, then +1 is the way to go. However, if you feel this should be improved, then vote 0 and optionally comment what could be improved (this is actually most welcome) in order for you to vote +1. If you are opposed to a proposal, then vote -1 but be aware you HAVE to detail what is missing in the current proposal that would then make you vote +1 for it.
In case of 0/-1, you can create an improvement proposal deriving from your vote comment.
You need to have Python 2.7+ installed, and virtualenv,
- Clone project;
- Create a new virtualenv;
- execute pip install -r requirements.txt to fetch dependencies;
- Test database is already bundled, so then all you need is to execute ./manage.py runserver to run local dev server;
A few env variables are needed to configure the project properly:
- AGORA_GOOGLE_CLIENT_ID : google api console client id for app
- AGORA_GOOGLE_CLIENT_SECRET : google secret api key for app
A few env variables are optional but useful for more features:
- AGORA_SEND_MAIL : If Agora should send emails, defaults to False
- AGORA_SITE_URL : The Agora website (only the hostname and port), defaults to localhost:8000
And here are all the variables that you may need to configure emails:
- AGORA_EMAIL_HOST : for the server to use for smtp, defaults to localhost
- AGORA_EMAIL_HOST_USER defaults to blank
- AGORA_EMAIL_HOST_PASSWORD defaults to blank
- AGORA_EMAIL_PORT defaults to 25
- AGORA_EMAIL_USE_TLS ("True" or "False") defaults to False
This project is licensed under AGPL.
You can contact us at : contact (at) lateral-thoughts.com if you need any help.