LexNLP by LexPredict
Information retrieval and extraction for real, unstructured legal text
LexNLP is a library for working with real, unstructured legal text, including contracts, plans, policies, procedures, and other material. LexNLP provides functionality such as:
- Segmentation and tokenization, such as
- A sentence parser that is aware of common legal abbreviations like LLC. or F.3d.
- Pre-trained segmentation models for legal concepts such as pages or sections.
- Pre-trained word embedding and topic models, broadly and for specific practice areas
- Pre-trained classifiers for document type and clause type
- Broad range of fact extraction, such as:
- Monetary amounts, non-monetary amounts, percentages, ratios
- Conditional statements and constraints, like "less than" or "later than"
- Dates, recurring dates, and durations
- Courts, regulations, and citations
- Tools for building new clustering and classification methods
- Hundreds of unit tests from real legal documents
- ContraxSuite: https://contraxsuite.com/
- LexPredict: https://lexpredict.com/
- Official Website: https://lexnlp.com/
- Documentation: http://lexpredict-lexnlp.readthedocs.io/en/docs-0.1.6/ (in progress)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that ContraxSuite installations generally require trained models or knowledge sets for usage.
- ContraxSuite web application: https://github.com/LexPredict/lexpredict-contraxsuite
- LexNLP library for extraction: https://github.com/LexPredict/lexpredict-lexnlp
- ContraxSuite pre-trained models and "knowledge sets": https://github.com/LexPredict/lexpredict-legal-dictionary
- ContraxSuite agreement samples: https://github.com/LexPredict/lexpredict-contraxsuite-samples
- ContraxSuite deployment automation: https://github.com/LexPredict/lexpredict-contraxsuite-deploy
LexNLP is available under a dual-licensing model. By default, this library can be used under AGPLv3 terms as detailed in the repository LICENSE file; however, organizations can request a release from the AGPL terms by contacting ContraxSuite Licensing at <email@example.com>.
- 0.2.1: August 24, 2018 - Tenth scheduled public release; code
- 0.2.0: August 1, 2018 - Ninth scheduled public release; code
- 0.1.9: July 1, 2018 - Ninth scheduled public release; code
- 0.1.8: May 1, 2018 - Eighth scheduled public release; code
- 0.1.7: April 1, 2018 - Seventh scheduled public release; code
- 0.1.6: March 1, 2018 - Sixth scheduled public release; code
- 0.1.5: February 1, 2018 - Fifth scheduled public release; code
- 0.1.4: January 1, 2018 - Fourth scheduled public release; code
- 0.1.3: December 1, 2017 - Third scheduled public release; code
- 0.1.2: November 1, 2017 - Second scheduled public release; code
- 0.1.1: October 2, 2017 - Bug fix release for 0.1.0; code
- 0.1.0: September 30, 2017 - First public release; code