ReSignMe is an OS X app that simplifies the process of re-signing an iOS app down to a few clicks of the mouse. The user is able to drag any ad-hoc signed ipa into the app and re-sign it with one click. The goal of this app is to be as easy as possible to use.
- Download the latest version of ReSignMe here
- There is basic documentation for instructions on using the app and all of it's options.
ReSignMe was created to be used in situations where apps are signed with ad-hoc distribution certificates. Some potential scenarios are:
- a corporate environments internal apps are developed
- apps whose certs have expired could be easily re-signed without rebuilding
- an iOS developers distributing ipa files to testers
This app is currently in beta mode. I am in search of volunteers to help test the app. It can resign an app but does implement extra features such as re-signing with a new mobile provisioning profile or specifying entitlements.
- OS X 10.7 (Lion) or Greater
- Xcode 4
- Xcode command line tools
- installed iPhone distribution and/or developer certificates
- drag and drop interface
- re-sign multipe apps as a batch process
- auto detection of Xcode
- automatically loads iPhone certificates from Keychain
- verbose output options
- open in finder option after re-signing
- adding an "Advanced" mode that contains the following features
- adding an option to replace mobile provisioning profile
- adding the ability to "rewrite" the bundle header
- add ability to specify an entitlement
- adding help
- adding preferences