A real-time always-on-top “replica” of a window of your choice, for Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10.
This simple utility application shows a blank always-on-top window by default. Users can pick any other window of the system to have an always up-to-date clone of the target window shown always-on-top. Very useful for monitoring background processes, wrangling with complex multi-window games or tools, watching Youtube videos while working, and so on.
- Clone any of your windows and keep it always-on-top while working with other windows,
- Select a subregion of the cloned window, which:
- Can be stored for future use,
- Can use relative coordinates from the target window’s borders.
- Auto-resizing (fit the original window, half, quarter and fullscreen mode),
- Position lock on any corner of your screen,
- Adjustable opacity,
- “Click forwarding”: allows to interact with the cloned window,
- “Click-through”: makes the replica ignore any mouse interaction (turns OnTopReplica into an overlay if set together with partial opacity),
- “Group switch”-mode automatically switches through a group of windows while you use them.
- Microsoft Windows Vista or greater (the application makes use of native DWM Thumbnails to create replicas),
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.
- Desktop Composition (a.k.a. Windows Aero) enabled.
Get the latest version from the releases section as an MSI installer.
…are very welcome. Fork away!
Submitting issues and other feedback is also appreciated.
✅Update to the newest WindowsFormsAero version. ✅Migrate to .NET 4.7.
- Improve/add High DPI support!
- “Stored scenarios” that, just like stored regions, automatically clone a window (based on title or window class criteria), select a region, and set other options. Ideally to be used as Taskbar shortlinks.
- Move to the Windows Store, via Centennial.
OnTopReplica is licensed under the MS-RL (Microsoft Reciprocal License).