ConferenceMate is an open-source, cross-platform Xamarin application that demonstrates a mix of new technologies combined with programming patterns commonly used in enterprise line-of-business (LOB) applications:
- Xamarin.Forms Shell
- Azure BLOB Storage
- JWT Security
- SQLite for client-side persistent storage
- MVVMLight for INotifyPropertyChanged (property setter/getter)
- Developer User Secrets for DB connection strings and Azure Key Storage
- Logging (App Insights client-side / log4net server-side)
- Use of a robust RESTful Web API (hosted in Azure)
- Lots of classes created via code generation
- Entity Framework accessing server-side SQL Server database
- Dependency Injection
- Synchronization of server-side data to mobile client
- Repository pattern
- Factory pattern
- App configuration
Most of the projects in this solution are meant to work on many .NET platforms, such as .NET Core, .NET Framework, Xamarin, and ASP.NET Core applications.
- To examine client-side Xamarin code, open the
MSC.CM.XaSh.slnfound in the \src\MSC.CM.XaSh folder.
- To explore the server-side Web API and data access code, open the
MSC.ConferenceMate.Web.slnfound in the \src folder.
- Use the
100_ConferenceMate_InitializeSchema_v1.0.sqlfile to create your own database.
Alternatively, use the database project that is included as part of the Web solution.
DISCLAIMER: This is SAMPLE APP and a WORK IN PROGRESS
This code is a fork of an application being built to experiment with updating some patterns we use when building LOB Xamarin applications. As such, it is definitely a work in progress and suggestions for improvement are welcome.