A Python2 and Python3 cross-version API for talking to Stack Exchange chat.
- Supported Python versions (Travis CI build run for each of these):
- Unclear versions (not run on Travis CI as
pytestdoes not support them):
Make sure you use either
pip3 depending on which Python version you want to run this on.
- BeautifulSoup (
pip install beautifulsoup4)
- Requests (
pip install requests). Usually there by default. Please upgrade it with
pip install requests --upgrade
Note that Ubuntu comes with an old version of
pipthat is not compatible any more with the latest version of
requests. It will be broken after you installed
requests, except if you update it before (or afterwards) with
pip install --upgrade pip(that one works only before).
- python-websockets for the experimental websocket listener (
pip install websocket-client). This module is optional, without it
initSocket()from SEChatBrowser will not work
make install-dependencieswill install the necessary Python package dependencies into your current environment (active virtualenv or system site packages)
make testwill run the tests
make run-examplewill run the example script
makewill run the above three in order
Licensed under either of
- Apache License, Version 2.0, (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.