Parameter estimation of seeding and contamination rates in a subcritical percolation model with colouring on a triangular lattice, using the method of simulated moments (MSM). Code implementation in MATLAB (The MathWorks, Inc.).
Felix Beck, Bence Mélykúti (University of Freiburg, Germany).
With questions or comments, please contact Bence Mélykúti.
Felix Beck, Bence Mélykúti.
Parameter estimation in a subcritical percolation model with colouring,
An additional MATLAB file must be downloaded!
- fminsearchbnd.m behaves similarly to fminsearch, except you can add bound constraints.
- source and description: http://de.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/8277-fminsearchbnd--fminsearchcon/content/FMINSEARCHBND/fminsearchbnd.m
- author: John D'Errico
- msm.m is the main file to be run for parameter estimation. It contains comments about variables and input requirements.
- createsynthdata.m is a tool to generate and save random realisations of the percolation process with colouring.
- plot_figure.m is a versatile plotting program to display lattices with our percolation process from saved data.
- latex_table.m, latex_table5.m and latex_table6.m created Tables 1-4, Table 5 and Table 6 of the paper in LaTeX format.
- structure.txt describes the interrelation of program files.
- The Synthetic_datasets_for_estimation folder contains our standard synthetic datasets with known parameter values that can be used to test parameter estimation.
- The Synthetic_datasets_for_plotting folder contains our synthetic datasets that were used to create Figures 1 and 3 of the paper.
- The Data_estimates folder contains results of parameter estimation. These results are reported in Section 6 of the paper.
- The Mathematica folder has a Mathematica (Wolfram Research, Inc.) notebook for calculations in Section 7 of the paper.
- The Densityestimation folder contains:
- densityestimation.m, which estimates the empirical means of the densities of coloured vertices and of adjacent pairs of coloured vertices as a function of lambda (seeding rate) and mu (percolation parameter), for a mesh of lambda and mu pairs, when the number of colours is 1.
- data_visualise.m displays the result of densityestimation.m saved in dataset_A.mat and dataset_B.mat in several plots.
- data_visualise_publication.m creates the figures that are presented in the Appendix of the paper (arXiv:1604.08908v3).
The software in the repository Melykuti/Parameterestimation_MSM is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License. For commercial licensing, please contact Bence Mélykúti.
Copyright (c) 2017, Felix Beck, Bence Mélykúti