Arbore is a peer-to-peer file sharing application with the following caracteristics:
- targeted for private/low diffusion data between people that know each-others. Main use case: friends want to share between each-others their holidays pictures.
- low friction: it should be as easy as possible
- encryption should be used to maintain privacy and to control the diffusion of the data
This application will be build on top of IPFS.
- Clone or download this repository
npm installto install all the dependencies.
npm run devto launch the developement version
Installation package will be provided later.
Version 1 (minimal first version)
- profile management
- basic contact management (adding with a hash)
- targeted sharing (notification and download)
- basic 1 to 1 chat
Version 2 (encryption and chat)
- encryption (IPFS is currently working on encryption)
- public sharing and contact following (kind of like Twitter)
- contact suggestion and privacy settings
- contact blocking (for abuse)
- contact groups
- contact management: mitigation strategy (maintaining your contacts files online because you like them)
- profile "migration" with notification of contacts
- on-demand custom app packaging with a first contact for extra-simple onboarding
- reliable and efficient download status tracking (when available; details ipfs/go-ipfs#3866)
- reception confirmation
- content: re-share
- better share description, maybe with markdown ?
- content: fancy share's content visualization (for instance, for pictures with a slideshow or carousel)
- mobile version using react native
- enhanced chat (offline, history, group chat, encryption ...) maybe using orbit.chat
- ability to close the main windows while still having the app running + system tray icon with stats
You can check out the full license here
This project is licensed under the terms of the GPL v3 license.
Questions/feedback (or just want to help out?)
Every little bit of help counts!
If you want to build something awesome or help out in any other way, please contact us :)