Introducing WinAppDriver UI Recorder. This tool hopes to serve as alternative to Inspect and simplify the development of UI automation scripts to be used for WinAppDriver.
WinAppDriver UI Recorder v1.0 supports the following two scenarios:
- Generating XPath expressions of UI elements.
- Generating C# code from recorded mouse and keyboard UI input events.
To get started, download and extract the zipped binaries and start WinAppDriverUiRecorder.exe.
This is a preview release into v1.1 which introduces support for Pen automation via the W3C Actions standard.
The following Pointer Input methods are supported for Pen:
- Pointer Up
- Pointer Down
- Pointer Move
The following Pen features are supported:
- Tilt X and Y
- Barrell Button
A temporary NuGet package with support for the Actions API binding is available here: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.WinAppDriver.Appium.WebDriver/1.0.1-Preview
This is our final V1.0 release (File Version 1.0.1710.17001), where WinAppDriver is now officially past the beta stage!
Many thanks to everyone that made the journey to this point possible: from the WAD team who have worked tirelessly (and continue to do so) to bring WinAppDriver to life (huge shout-out to Yosef/Gilles/Paul/Timotius/Anand), to Jonathan Lipps and the Appium/Selenium community as a whole for their guidance and contributions, and most importantly, to all of you, our users, that continue to support and improve WinAppDriver with your contributions and feedback. Your voice is instrumental to the future of WinAppDriver as we continue to move forward. We wouldn't have made it this far without you all.
- Carried over from v1.0 Release Candidate I
FIXES AND ISSUE RESOLUTIONS
- Carried over from v1.0 Release Candidate I & II
This is the second release candidate for V1.0 which is getting very close to our final V1.0 release. (File Version 1.0.1710.4003)
FIXES AND ISSUE RESOLUTIONS
This is a release candidate for v1.0 which will be the first release without the Beta tag
Add support for launching application with arguments for both modern and classic apps
Add support to start classic application on a given working directory
Implement mechanism to attach to an existing top level window to create a session
Added /forcequit command line parameter that forcefully terminates processes that refused to close on session closing
WinAppDriver.exe 127.0.0.1 4723 /forcequit
- Restrict window switching API endpoint to only accept top level window of the same process
- Enhance GET /session/:sessionId/element/:id/attribute/:name to return arbitrary value of named properties
- Optimize app launch and get window handles mechanism to achieve sub second performance
- Optimize element search and application launch by using BreadthFirstSearch instead of DepthFirstSearch
- Set the retry count to be once every 500 ms within the given implicit timeout
- Update WinAppDriver.exe to close every active session on WinAppDriver.exe termination
- Disable getting selected text feature by always returning full text on Text API endpoint
- Enhance GET /session/:sessionId/element/:id/text API to get current selected item of container controls such as ComboBox and ListView
- Enable value retrieval non-text value such as slider
- Enable support for selected text retrieval
- Click API support for arbitrary element
- SendKeys API support for modifiers and special keys
- Github bug fixes as listed in our v0.6 milestone
- Improving W3CWebDriver unit test reliability and speed
- touch support
- element screenshot
- location support
- launch and closing app
- navigate back and forward
- status and multiple sessions API