Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
For general Windows information on build 17046 visit the Windows Blog.
- Allow processes to run without an active terminal. [GH 709, 1007, 1511, 2252, 2391, et al.]
- Better support of CLONE_VFORK and CLONE_VM. [GH 1878, 2615]
- Skip TDI filter drivers for WSL networking operations. [GH 1554]
- DrvFs creates NT symlinks when certain conditions are met. [GH 353, 1475, 2602]
- The link target must be relative, must not cross any mount points or symlinks, and must exist.
- The user must have SE_CREATE_SYMBOLIC_LINK_PRIVILEGE (this normally requires you to launch wsl.exe elevated), unless Developer Mode is turned on.
- In all other situations, DrvFs still creates WSL symlinks.
- Allow running elevated and non-elevated WSL instances simultaneously.
- Support /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
- Add wslpath to do WSL<->Windows path conversions. [GH 522, 1243, 1834, 2327, et al.]
wslpath usage: -a force result to absolute path format -u translate from a Windows path to a WSL path (default) -w translate from a WSL path to a Windows path -m translate from a WSL path to a Windows path, with ‘/’ instead of ‘\\’ EX: wslpath ‘c:\users’
- No fixes.
Testing in progress.