Docker swarm mode cluster on Azure
What's in it?
This resource manager template will provision the following resources:
- A virtual network
- An availability set
- 3 virtual machines with the AV set created above. (the numbers, names can be parameterized as per your needs)
- A load balancer (with public port that round-robins to the 3 VMs on port 80. And allows inbound NAT to the 3 machine via port 5000, 5001 and 5002 to ssh port 22).
- Configures 3 VMs as docker swarm mode manager.
- A Virtual machine scale set (VMSS) in the same VNET.
- 3 Nodes that are joined as worker into the above swarm.
- Load balancer for VMSS (that allows inbound NATs starts from range 50000 to ssh port 22 on VMSS)
Hope you find it ineteresting!
I have a handy powershell script into the repo (
Go.ps1) too, which can be used to automate the entire cluster deployment - i.e. can be launched via a automated workflow process (CI/CD for example).
I wrote a blog post to describe little details of the template, you can read it here.