Welcome to the Annotation and Image Markup Project!
Annotation and image markup is an Open Source project that provides the functionalities to propose and create a standard means of adding information and knowledge to an image in a clinical environment, so that image content can be easily and automatically searched. AIM provides a solution to the following imaging challenges:
- No agreed upon syntax for annotation and markup
- No agreed upon semantics to describe annotations
- No standard format (for example, DICOM, XML, HL7) for annotations and markup
The AIM project includes the following.
- The AIM Model captures the descriptive information for an image with user-generated graphical symbols placed on the image into a single common information source.
- The AIM Template Service is a web service application that makes it possible for you to upload (publish) and download AIM templates created using an AIM tool such as AIM Template Builder.
- The AIM Template Builder is a Java application that allows you to build templates that are compatible with the AIM Model. Templates are a set of well-defined questions and answer choices that facilitate collecting information for a study. The AIM Template Builder has replaced the AIM Template Manager.
- AIM on ClearCanvas Workstation is a reference implementation of the AIM Model. AIM on ClearCanvas Workstation demonstrat
It is written in C, C++, Visual C++, Java using XML and ClearCanvas Workstation. The goal of Annotation and Image Markup Project is to develop a mechanism, for modeling, capturing, and serializing image annotation and markup data that can be adopted as a standard by the medical imaging community.
AIM is distrubuted under the BSD 3-Clause License. Please see the NOTICE and LICENSE files for details.
You will find more details about AIM in the following links:
- [Community Wiki] (https://wiki.nci.nih.gov/x/z4X3Ag)
- Issue Tracker
- [AIM - Information Model(AIM)] (https://tracker.nci.nih.gov/browse/AIM)
- [AIM - Enterprise Service(AIMES)] (https://tracker.nci.nih.gov/browse/AIMES)
- [ AIM - Workstation (AIMWS)] (https://tracker.nci.nih.gov/browse/AIMWS)
- [Code Repository] (https://github.com/NCIP/annotation-and-image-markup)
- [View Website] (http://imaging.fsm.northwestern.edu/templates/web)
Please join us in further developing and improving Annotation and Markup(AIM).