Go to the issues page where you can request a talk topic, or propose a talk you would like to present.
To see details of our next meetup, view our Meetup Page.
- Do you want to see a talk?
- Did you have a talk you wanted to give?
- Are you looking to hire?
- Are you looking for help?
Contribute to our community by creating an issue!
Gambling with Swift for fun (and profit?) | John Foulkes
Lightning talks | Various
- Melvin John - Xcode Templates
- Greg Spiers - The Importance of Community for Your Career
- Henry Allsuch - Vapor Website
The Peak Framework is a collection of open source, 100% Swift microframeworks providing a standardised approach to building iOS apps. This talk will cover the how and why the mobile team at 3Squared created The Peak Framework, their progress in updating legacy projects to use more and more Swift, and a demo of how the frameworks can be used in building a simple app talking to a web api. | slides | code
The subspec myth | Charlotte Hoare | slides
Shipping modularised components with Cocoapods and the myth of the subspec.
Introduction to Vapor Workshop | Tim Condon | @0xTim
Get an introduction to the most popular server-side Swift framework, Vapor! Learn how to build a simple CRUD API in this short workshop. The workshop will be lead by Tim, engineer at the BBC and author of Server Side Swift with Vapor! To participate please bring your laptop with [Xcode 10] (https://developer.apple.com/xcode/) and [Homebrew] (https://brew.sh) installed.
Herding Cats @ a Software Developer Studio | Steve Westgarth | @stevewestgarth
Working in a Development Studio poses a unique set of challenges for developers and project manager - multiple projects make programme management difficult and applying agile principles can be challenging. This talk will explore how we manage our Software Development Programme and how we ensure all Cats within the Organisation are walking in the same direction.
- Protocol-Oriented UI | Bobby Bobak | @bobek_balinek | slides | code
- Work/life balance | @stuartsharpe
- Swift in a Large Objective-C Codebase | Greg Spiers | @gspiers | slides
- Introduction to Vapor and Server-Side Swift | Tim Condon | @0xTim | slides
- The Windows Bridge for iOS | Mike Irving | @mikeirvingweb | slides
- A Swift Journey | Luke Stringer | @lukestringer90 | slides
- NSManchester for iOS and CodeMobile Conference Update
- The Worst Bug Ever | @stuartsharpe | slides
- iOS at CBeebies | @ross_w_butler
- Discussion: CI Systems
- Fun with Xcode Server | @CocoaKevin
- Target-Action and the Responder Chain on iOS | @sammeadley | slides, code and discussion
- Hacking XCTest for Fun and Profit | @stuartsharpe | blog post
- Functional Reactive Programming in RxSwift | @tailectailec | code
- TBA | @ross_w_butler
- TBA | @ross_w_butler