How to run LOIC using Wine
Clone this wiki locally
Assuming you have Ubuntu/Debian:
- Download latest LOIC and extract.
- Open a terminal and type (without the parenthesis) “sudo apt-get install wine” and wait for it to finish.
- Type “wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks”.
- Type “sh winetricks” and from the GUI select dotnet20, and install it.
- Go to applications on your drop down and under Wine click on “Browse C: drive” then move the extracted LOIC to c:
- Now, go to the extracted file and right-click LOIC.exe and click properties.
- Go to permissions tab and check the box “Allow executing this file as program”.
- Right click file again and under open application, select wine.