OpenPIV - what is it for?
OpenPIV is an initiative of scientists to develop a software, algorithms and methods for the state-of-the-art experimental tool of Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) which are free, open source, and easy to operate. OpenPIV is the successor of the well known URAPIV software - it is faster, more friendly and much more flexible. OpenPIV is provided using Matlab, Python or 32bit Windows executable (based on C++ and Qt source).
Webinar, July 2020
How to cite this work
Please cite our paper:
Ben-Gida, H., Gurka, R. and Liberzon, A. (2020) OpenPIV-Matlab - An open-source software for particle image velocimetry; test case: birds' aerodynamics, SoftwareX, 12, p. 100585. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.softx.2020.100585.
and the code itself:
Liberzon, Alex; Gurka, Roi; Ben-Gida, Hadar (2020): OpenPIV - Matlab. figshare. Software. https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.12330536
How to download the software
Please note that there are two versions of the GUI:
- older Matlab version, before 2014b: https://github.com/OpenPIV/openpiv-matlab/releases/tag/v1.1
- Newer Matlab versions, use https://github.com/OpenPIV/openpiv-matlab/archive/master.zip or clone this repository
How to contribute ?
- Open Github account
- Visit our Git repositories through https://github.com/OpenPIV
- Fork your favorite repository
- Fix, commit, push to your repository and send us a pull request.
- register on openpiv-develop mailing list through https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/openpiv-users
Getting started tutorials
Matlab - see the screencast http://youtu.be/yg-LjAt-v3Q
C++ - not ready yet
Spatial and Temporal Analysis Toolbox http://www.openpiv.net/openpiv-spatial-analysis-toolbox/
Pressure from PIV http://www.openpiv.net/openpiv-pressure
Support and documentation
How to get support? Where to ask questions? Use one of the following:
- Google group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/openpiv-users
- e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comment using Github page