There is a newer OpenStackCookbook OpenStack Environment based
on Ansible in support of the upcoming 4th Edition, based on Ocata!
OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook 3rd Edition (Release 2015)
Supporting vagrant scripts
Buy The Book
More information http://www.openstackcookbook.com/
Purchase: https://www.packtpub.com/virtualization-and-cloud/openstack-cloud-computing-cookbook-third-edition And at your favourite online store!
Kevin Jackson (@itarchitectkev)
Cody Bunch (@cody_bunch)
Egle Sigler (@eglute)
SCRIPTS NOW UPDATED FOR JUNO!
About The Book
The book covers:
- Understand, install, configure, and manage Nova, the OpenStack cloud compute resource
- Dive headfirst into managing software defined networks with the OpenStack networking project and Open vSwitch
- Install and configure, Keystone, the OpenStack identity & authentication service
- Install, configure and operate the OpenStack block storage project: Cinder
- Install and manage Swift, the highly scalable OpenStack object storage service
- Gain hands on experience with the OpenStack dashboard Horizon
- Explore different monitoring frameworks to ensure your OpenStack cloud is always online and performing optimally
- Automate your installations using Vagrant, Chef, and Puppet
- Create custom Windows and Linux images for use in your private cloud environment.
Environment included with the OpenStack Cookbook Vagrant
- Vagrant 1.6+ http://www.vagrantup.com/
- VirtualBox 4.5+ http://www.virtualbox.org/
- The default Vagrantfile assumes NFSD is enabled on the the host
vagrant-cachier (optional but recommended)
vagrant plugin install vagrant-cachier
git clone https://github.com/OpenStackCookbook/OpenStackCookbook.git cd OpenStackCookbook vagrant up
vagrant ssh controller . /vagrant/openrc nova service-list nova list nova image-list neutron agent-list neutron net-list
You can quickly run a demo script that creates a private tenant network, a floating network with a router and launches an instance running Ubuntu by issuing the following
Check out the blog post: http://openstackr.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/openstack-cloud-computing-cookbook-the-icehouse-scripts/