What is the PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit?
The PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit provides a set of functions to perform common application deployment tasks and to interact with the user during a deployment. It simplifies the complex scripting challenges of deploying applications in the enterprise, provides a consistent deployment experience and improves installation success rates.
The PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit can be used to replace your WiseScript, VBScript and Batch wrapper scripts with one versatile, re-usable and extensible tool.
What are the main features of the PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit?
- Easy To Use - Any PowerShell beginner can use the template and the functions provided with the Toolkit to perform application deployments.
- Consistent - Provides a consistent look and feel for all application deployments, regardless of complexity.
- Powerful - Provides a set of functions to perform common deployment tasks, such as installing or uninstalling multiple applications, prompting users to close apps, setting registry keys, copying files, etc.
- User Interface - Provides user interaction through customizable user interface dialogs boxes, progress dialogs and balloon tip notifications. Supports completely silent script execution as well.
- Localized - The UI is localized in several languages and more can easily be added using the XML configuration file.
- Integration - Integrates well with System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM); provides installation and uninstallation deployment types with options on how to handle exit codes, such as supressing reboots or returning a fast retry code. The toolkit also supports logging in CMTrace-compatible format.
- Updatable - The logic engine and functions are separated from per-application scripts, so that you can update the toolkit when a new version is released and maintain backwards compatibility with your deployment scripts.
- Extensible - The Toolkit can be easily extended to add custom scripts and functions.
- Helpful - The Toolkit provides detailed logging of all actions performed and even includes a graphical console to browse the help documentation for the Toolkit functions.
- Powershell 2.0+
- .NET Framework 3.5+
The PowerShell App Deployment Tool is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.