LimitedText Field Controls
This module adds two new field types to the Sitecore Content Editor, Single-Line Text Limited and Multi-Line Text Limited. Both controls inherit all functionality from the existing text field controls and add the posibility to configure a maximum allowed value for the field. The fields inform the user of the number of remaining characters while they are editing.
This comes in extremely handy for field containing a Browser Title or Meta Description, because their length should be kept within the limits of what Google displays in their search results.
The Sitecore package \Release\ParTech.Modules.LimitedTextFields-1.0.2.zip contains:
- Binary (release build).
- Configuration include file.
- Core items that install two new field types.
Use the Sitecore Installation Wizard to install the package. After installation, the new field types will be immediately ready for use
- Initial release.
- Added tab, shift, control and alt keys to default list of allowed keycodes.
- Fixed a bug that allowed pasting content using the mouse even when the maximum number of characters was reached.
- Fixed a bug that placed the cursor at the end of the field on all key down/up events.
- Fixed a bug that disallowed keys to be pressed when ctrl is pressed (so ctrl+x, etc. does now work when the text field is full).
- Added home, end and escape keys to default allowed keys.
- Renamed the assembly and namespace to match that of other ParTech modules.
Important: Make sure to re-install the entire module with the installation package if you are already using an older version!
This solution was brought to you and supported by Ruud van Falier, ParTech IT