Wikimedia-contrib is a collection of user scripts and Toolforge tools intended for users of Wikimedia Foundation wikis.
Toolforge is part of the Wikimedia Cloud infrastructure hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation for community-developed tools and bots. These tools provide analysis and data to support wiki editors and functionaries.
- Account Eligibility analyzes a user account to determine whether it's eligible to vote in the specified event.
- Category Analysis analyzes edits to pages in the category tree rooted at the specified category (or pages rooted at a prefix). This is primarily intended for test project analysis by the Wikimedia Foundation language committee.
- Crosswiki Activity measures a user's latest edit, bureaucrat, or sysop activity on all wikis.
- Global Groups shows a live review of extra permissions assigned to global groups on Wikimedia Foundation wikis.
- Global User Search provides searching and filtering of global users on Wikimedia wikis.
- ISO 639 Database is a searchable database of languages and ISO 639 codes augmented by native language names from Wikipedia.
- Magic Redirect redirects to an arbitrary URL with tokens based on user and wiki filled in. This is primarily intended for Wikimedia templates (see example).
- Stalktoy shows global details about a user across all Wikimedia wikis. You can provide an account name (like
Pathoschild), an IPv4 address (like
127.0.0.1), an IPv6 address (like
2001:db8:1234::), or a CIDR block (like
- Stewardry estimates which users in a group are available based on their last edit or action.
- User Pages finds your user pages on all wikis (or finds wikis where you don't have user pages).
These user scripts extend the wiki interface seen by a user, and they're sometimes available to all users as gadgets (particularly TemplateScript). See Gadget kitchen for an introduction to user scripts & gadgets.
- ForceLTR enforces left-to-right layout and editing on right-to-left wikis. This resolves editing glitches in many browsers when one's preferred language is left-to-right, and corrects display when the interface language is not right-to-left.
- StewardScript extends the user interface for Wikimedia stewards' convenience. It extends the sidebar (with links to steward pages), Special:Block (with links to stalktoy and Special:CentralAuth if preloaded with a target), Special:CentralAuth (with links to external tools, one-click status selection, a preselected template reason, and convenient links in the 'local accounts' list), global renaming and Special:UserRights (with template summaries).
- TemplateScript adds a menu of configurable templates and scripts to the sidebar. It automatically handles templates for various forms (from editing to protection), edit summaries, auto-submission, and filtering which templates are shown based on namespace, form, or arbitrary conditions. Templates can be inserted at the cursor position or at a preconfigured position, and scripts can be invoked when a sidebar link is activated. TemplateScript is also used as a framework for other scripts, and includes a fully-featured regex editor.
&usejs=MediaWiki:Common.js. It only accepts scripts in the protected
Deploy to Toolforge
This repo uses two Toolforge accounts by default:
meta (all tools except crossactivity) and
meta2 (crossactivity only). They redirect as needed, so all tools can be accessed through either
hostname. To use different accounts, edit the
tool-labs/.lighttpd* files accordingly.
To deploy from scratch:
- Connect to Toolforge via SSH.
- Run this script:
# switch to the meta project become meta ## set up tool files git clone https://github.com/Pathoschild/Wikimedia-contrib.git git/wikimedia-contrib mkdir cache mkdir public_html ln -s git/wikimedia-contrib/tool-labs/.lighttpd.meta.conf .lighttpd.conf cd public_html for TARGET in backend content 'toolinfo.json' accounteligibility catanalysis globalgroups gusersearch iso639db magicredirect pgkbot regextoy stalktoy stewardry userpages do ln -s "../git/wikimedia-contrib/tool-labs/$TARGET" done # set up script CDN (accessed via https://tools-static.wmflabs.org/meta/scripts/*.js). mkdir ~/www mkdir ~/www/static cd ~/www/static ln -s ~/git/wikimedia-contrib/user-scripts scripts ## launch server webservice --backend=kubernetes start ## switch to the meta2 project exit become meta2 ## set up files git clone https://github.com/Pathoschild/Wikimedia-contrib.git git/wikimedia-contrib mkdir cache mkdir public_html ln -s git/wikimedia-contrib/tool-labs/.lighttpd.meta2.conf .lighttpd.conf cd public_html for TARGET in backend content crossactivity do ln -s "../git/wikimedia-contrib/tool-labs/$TARGET" done ## launch server webservice --backend=kubernetes start
That's it! The new tools should now be running at https://meta.toolforge.org. To update an account later, just login and run these commands:
git -C git/wikimedia-contrib pull webservice restart