An extremely lightweight completion suggester plugin for jQuery.
Compatible with jQuery 1.7.0+ in Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer 7+. No dependencies except the jQuery library. Released under the MIT License: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
This plugin was developed by and for Pixabay.com - an international repository for sharing free public domain images. We have implemented this plugin in production and we share this piece of software - in the spirit of Pixabay - freely with others.
Demo and Documentation
- Fully flexible data source
- Smart caching, delay and minimum character settings
Version 1.0.7 - 2015/08/15
- Fixed #29: Select item with tab.
- Fixed #33: Suggestions not hidden on fast input.
- Fixed incorrect selection by mouse when suggestions are scrolled down.
Version 1.0.6 - 2015/04/22
- Fixed #7: Firing onSelect callback on enter and passing event and selected suggestion item as additional arguments.
Version 1.0.5 - 2014/11/26
- Fixed #4: renderItem bugfix
Version 1.0.4 - 2014/11/26
- Added renderItem function options allowing custom data passing and autoComplete rendering (#3).
- Improved auto positioning.
Version 1.0.3 - 2014/11/17
- Added menuClass option for custom styling multiple autoComplete dropdowns on one page.
- Fixed destroy method.
Version 1.0.2 - 2014/09/13
- Another fix of the auto-positioning method on init.
Version 1.0.1 - 2014/08/10
- Fixed auto positioning of suggestions container on init.
Version 1.0.0-beta - 2014/07/15
- First release