- Added ability to execute multiple simultaneous encodes. Go to Global Options -> Process -> Maximum simultaneous encode jobs. This can be useful on a machine with many CPU cores.
- Updated Handbrake core.
- Removed dependency on Microsoft.Toolkit.Uwp.Notifications. This should fix a crash issue introduced in 4.1 Beta.
- Fixed source text alignment.
- Added support for encode complete Windows notification in the Store version. Notifications for the installer version would be available pending support from Inno Setup.
- Added ability to drag .srt files to the main window to add them to the subtitle list.
- Changed ribbon group ordering.
- Added label to "tools" group
- Made close source button hit target bigger.
- Fixed hang on negative picture dimensions.
- Removed FastMember dependency.
- Removed dependency on HardCodet.NotifyIcon.Wpf
This release includes everything from the v3 betas:
- Overhauled presets
- Added 60 new built-in presets
- Presets can now be organized in a tree structure
- Built-in presets are read from the HandBrake core so will be updated more often
- Updated HandBrake encoding core to 1.1.0. This gives us shiny new features:
- Added 10-bit H.265/HEVC encoding support for Kaby Lake and newer CPUs
- Added new Unsharp and kernel-based Laplacian LapSharp sharpening filters
- Added support for mobile device orientation via auto-rotation container flag
- Added x265 10 and 12-bit encoders
- Moved container options to their own tab on the Encoding Settings window.
- Added A/V sync option to Container tab.
- Post-encode actions now support more replacement tokens, thanks to milanjaros.
- Added mousewheel and keyboard support for changing the static preview.
- Changed QSV decoding option to be available for all encoders.
- When browsing for a new output location, the file name is now populated with the current suggested file name.
- Many bug fixes
- Prep for v3 update.
- Added message for x86 users that there will be no more updates.
- Added Indonesian translation.
- Updated translations.
- Fixed missing translations in Store version.
- Fixed sporadic crash with preset save dialog appearing at the wrong time.