- Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dont-track-me-google1/ (Firefox on Android is also supported).
- Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dont-track-me-google/gdbofhhdmcladcmmfjolgndfkpobecpg
- Opera: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/dont-track-me-google/
At the Google Search engine, search results are converted to an ugly link upon click. This link enables tracking for Google.
For example, the search entry
http://www.google.com/(when searching for "Google") will be replaced with:
This script removes Google's link-conversion/tracking feature. This speeds up loading search results and allows you to right-click or tap to copy the link URL.
- december 2011 - First release, as a user script.
- november 2012 - Published as a Chrome extension.
- april 2013 - Updated Chrome extension to disable
<a ping>. This version worked fine for three years without any modifications.
- july 2016 - Published Firefox addon. Rewrote the program from scratch to recognize more URLs and to use modern techniques for a better performance.
- september 2016 - Restored referrer hiding functionality with minimal impact using referrer policies.
Brought to you by Rob Wu (https://robwu.nl).