An RFID (via RDM6300 module) register system, with database storage, capable of running on the Raspberry Pi computer system.
- Connect RDM6300 to the Raspberry Pi's GPIO.
- Execute slugscan.py, with an eventname as an argument.
./slugscan.py eventnameNote that the eventname can be set as an environment variable.
- Read a scanned card's ID.
- Check if the card is assigned to a member.
- If not, prompt to register the card to a member - this allows new members to easily register at an event.
- Otherwise, set the member as signing into or out of an event, which is defined as a parameter on starting the program.
- RDM6300 reading routine based on https://behindthesciences.com/electronics/raspberry-pi-rfid-tag-reader/
- Further RDM6300 access inspiration and GPIO connection based on https://github.com/motom001/DoorPi/blob/master/doorpi/keyboard/from_rdm6300.py