- Fixed text centering inside the Spheres of Influence
- Fixed addon voices loading regardless of Speech option
- Bake in Soul Reaver's Syreen Voice Fix text when opting to disable voices
- Fixed Orz conversation crash when reviewing text log
- Fixed Shofixti icons for Tanaka & Katana
- Fixed another fuel bug introduced with my Infinite R.U. cheat
- Fixed adjacent fuel bug when the player has obtained the Chmmr Bomb
- Added support for loading HD-mod and HD-Remix saves
- Fixed bugged coordinates when loading Vanilla saves
Addendum: Remember, you can download all the optional packages from http://megamod.serosis.net/Releases
Along with the new voice content I've also fixed a bug where if you choose to disable orbiting planets, Saturn's moon Titan is offset to the inside of the orbit line. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
When I find time I will package up
macOS and Debian versions and upload them to this release later.
In this release I fixed a bug that that prevented you from buying fuel if you had Infinite R.U. toggled or when the Chmmr attach the Precursor bomb to the ship.
Lot of behind-the-scenes stuff to try and future proof the code. It can now be built on Visual Studio 2010-2017 and GCC7 with relative ease. Though I've yet to find a fix for the macOS orbit line bug that happens when you build the code on anything greater than Xcode 3.2.6
In other news I've dropped support for Sourceforge and am now hosting the website and content myself. It doesn't look different but the new address is http://megamod.serosis.net
- No longer have to reload game when changing remix, voice, music, and video options
- Game forces a restart when changing audio driver and audio quality (Like it should have in the first place)
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't allow player to orbit any moons in the home Sol System without the Sol Textrues installed
- Fixed a bug with the Ur-Quan fusion blaster where it would fire from the center of mass in HD.
- Code can be successfully compiled on Linux using GCC 7.2.0 thanks to Martin Dimitrov
- Tons of internal cleanups including a couple bug fixes from Louis Delacroix (Bug#1151) and David Benjamin (Bug#1163)
- Added autoload support for Yellow F.R.I.E.D. and Orange Peel Melnorme.
A bugfix release for a few bugs here and there.
- Fix for ship explosions not loading in base resolution
- Fix for PC cutscenes not loading properly in HD
- Fix for crashes on some planets or moons in 1280x960 resolution
- Added an additional content addon for the Remixes to fix timing and display issues for PC cutscenes
- Added Ship Info slides for HD from UQM-Remix (Kohr-Ah and Mycon slides were edited by darklord42)
- When compiling on macOS you no longer have to manually input CFLAGS for SDL.
It's not much but it's enough to warrant another release.
I have included an extremely experimental Debian package built on the latest distribution of Linux Mint (18.3 Sylvia) and tested on the latest distribution of Ubuntu Mate (17.10 Artful).
This was a long time coming.
I've updated the HD code to the latest UQM Git which was on its way to becoming 0.8.0. So I've taken the liberty of making it 0.8.0, with a twist.
Along with updating the code, slapping my edits onto it, and including bugfixes and features from several other mods I've tweaked the UI to match more faithfully to the original game.
It's a lot to list out so I made a few comparison shots and uploaded them over on the Sourceforge site. Along with a giant list of code edits in the Features section.
Have fun with the new generation of The Ur-Quan Masters.
The macOS version supports Lion (10.7) to High Sierra (10.13).
The Windows version should support WinXP to Win10.
A detailed FAQ for installing the optional content on macOS is available on the Sourceforge site.
My most exciting release yet.
This takes the official, unreleased SVN version of UQM 0.8.0 and rolls it around Nic's Extended mod, the non-HD parts of the HD mod, metamorphosis' Remix mod, and my previous cheat mods.
Truly making the mod worthy of being called MegaMod.
This is the new UQM-Classic with many additions including textured and orbiting planets, Sol specific interplanetary textures, 44 new nebulae, a new and more readable options menu, and more. You can see the list of all the code changes on the Sourceforge mother-site or the Github daughter-site.
In time I will hopefully be able update the HD mod to 0.8.0 as well, but that will be a long process.
Releases updated to support version 1.1 of Soul Reaver's Melnorme Voice Fix.
This release adds autoload support for Soul Reaver's Syreen Video fix for UQM-HD only.
Nothing else has been touched and I have made two new builds for UQM-HD on macOS and Windows.
UQM-Classic has not been updated but I have included the 0.7.3a builds for convenience.
Happy Days and Jubilation!
There's nothing much to this release other than a few bugs were squashed.
In particular this bug fix applies to God Mode and how it is shunted into the code.
Specifically it deals with the Orz Marines and the Ur-Quan Fighters along with a minor detail of the Syreen.
The Orz Marines can now board your ship while God Mode is active but the act of boarding and zapping while on board does no damage to the Hunam player. On the opposite side, launching Marines will not deplete your crew allowing you a steady use of Marines.
The same applies to the Ur-Quan Fighters, launching fighters will not deplete your crew as long as God Mode is active.
Last but not least I did not implement the Syreen God Mode shunt properly, whoops. Had to swap a 1 and a 0 around so that the Hunam player is the one with the advantage not the Cyborg.
Other than that, darklord42 helped out with the content again assuring me that the Cyborg eyes for Weak and Good Cyborg were better off blue, along with the settings menu Cyborg. Make it so.
Big thanks to my #1 Q.A. tester.
I forgot to mention the best part. The Windows release is now standalone, you do not have to have The Ur-Quan Masters already installed. Simply extract the ZIP wherever you please and run the EXE.
If the program gives you an error I've included the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package installation files for x86 and x64 along with Windows Installer 3.1 redist for those on ancient systems.
Surprise and Terror!
The new release packs a big whollop in terms of usability.
First up is the new Setup Menu which allows you to activate the cheats while in-game, instead of being forced to use commandline arguments. This is a big step up for those that aren't on Windows and dealing with a commandline can be a bit tiresome.
Second is the new menu that I and darklord42 created that makes the HD in-game menu more consistent with the original 3DO style. Along with the removal of various pop-culture references littered throughout and the addition of a complete set of Shipyard ship labels. Of which you can use Sero Menu 1x on both Classic & HD.
Third is the cheat restructuring. I spent a lot of time trying to decide what the final setup was going to be so I tossed out Rose Bud, Fast Forward, and Lander Mods combining the latter two into Time Dilation and God Mode respectively. With the addition of one new cheat, Infinite R.U.! While this new cheat is active you will have virtually infinite resource units at your disposal, you'll even get the little infinity symbol. The best part about this new cheat is that it doesn't persist through saved games. Meaning the amount of R.U. you had when you loaded the game will be the amount you save with.
Oh, I forgot to talk about Head Start. Well I restructured Head Start to be more sensible, instead of giving you full turning jets, fusion thrusters, yada, yada, yada, I nerfed it down to giving you all the minerals that can be mined in the Sol system, Fwiffo in your fleet along with the password, and the Moon Base. What this means is that this cheat allows you to skip the New Game slog and head straight for the Starbase.
I believe that's it.
The Windows and macOS binaries come with Sero Setup and Sero Menu 1x.