Python utility scripts for working with a Juniper NetScreen ScreenOS configuration file offline.
- screenos_validation - generates reports for network duplications, address group and book entry duplication, unused address group and book entries, unused service entries, and address book entries for hostnames that do not resolve
- policy_view - print policies offline from a configuration file similar to the cli
- Python >= 2.6
- No support for IPv6 entries.
- Does not validate policies for correctness.
- Does not check for duplicate service entries.
- Duplicate network report requires a large screen resolution to view properly.
- Currently reports on address book entries that lie along the same network boundary and are not necessarily identical. e.g. 192.168.1.100/24 ~ 192.168.1.0/25
- Does not report on Attack, Schedule, or Traffic shaping options in policies and will always display ---.
- ANSI colors are specific to the BASH shell. Have not tested with others.
- Requires Python >= 2.7 to support the OrderedDict collection or installation of ordereddict (easy_install ordereddict)
Copyright (c) 2011 William Allison
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.