This release is a mix of bug fixes and new features:
- support building with Qt6
- make Qt6 versions use their own ini file for settings
- add Ctrl+PgUp/PgDown shortcuts to Prev and Next actions
- harden URLInterceptor to dead QWidget bugs in Qt
- setMovable true on QToolbars to work around broken linux theme issues
- update sigil gumbo version with upstream fixes
PageEdit-1.7.0 is a minor update that represents 3 bug fixes.
- Add workaround to prevent 2 windows from opening on macOS from FileOpen event
- Fix bug in SelectHyperlink that failed with specific external links
- Prevent PageEdit_injected id from appearing as a possible link target
Mac users should also check out the website entry on the New Release File Format.
All binary (and source) downloads can also be found as assets at the bottom of The PageEdit-1.7.0 Github Release page.
PageEdit-1.6.0 is a minor update that represents 3 bug fixes and a single new feature.
- Added ability for spine position to be passed in alongside OPF path to simplify
the interface between Sigil and PageEdit (with versions 1.6.0+)
- Bring SelectCharacter Dialog to be in sync with its counterpart in Sigil
- Remove tab and disable InsertFile menu if not Media is present to insert
- Fix typo in Greek Letter (Nu) (Thank you Doitsu).
The PageEdit user guide can always be downloaded from its own repository: (https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/pageedit-user-guide/releases/latest)
Mac users should also check out the wiki entry on the New Release File Format: (https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil/wiki/Mac-OS-X-Notes#new-release-file-format-starting-with-sigil-0918)
PageEdit-1.5.0 represents two requested new features plus some minor bug fixes.
- Add ability to print (with Preview) to PDF any file being viewed
- Improved granularity for Windows Installer
- Fix bug in URLInterceptor being too aggressive
PageEdit-1.4.0 represents a mix of bug fixes and new features.
- Add Case Change tool/icons
- Move to all SVG based icons courtesy of BeckyEbook (Thank you!)
- Fix incorrect Find next and previous search icons
- Uses Qt::AA+UseHighDpiPixmaps on all platforms to prevent pixelated icons
- Update GumboInterface to Sync with Sigil and handle PercentEncoding as IRI
PageEdit-1.3.0 represents a mix of bug fixes and new features.
Windows users please note that the installer will now allow PageEdit to be installed for the current user only if desired. The installation of the included Visual Studio C++ runtime, however, will always require administrative privileges. You can provide those credentials for the runtime install portion only (if you install PageEdit for the current user). The user can also skip the runtime check/install entirely if they desire. If they do so, however, it will be up to them (or their administrator) to make sure the proper Visual Studio C++ runtime is installed. Because of these changes, it recommended that Windows users uninstall the previous version of PageEdit before installing this one. No settings, preferences, or plugins (or their configurations) will be lost by doing so.
- Windows/macOS release build updated to Qt 5.12.9 with added bug fixes
- Added experimental protection against evil epubs manipulating file: urls
- Changes to support building with Visual Studio 2019 on Windows
- Improved Windows Installer and handling of C++ runtime libraries
- refactored built-in dark theme
- Fixes to support Qt 5.15 on Linux
PageEdit-1.2.0 represents a bug fix release.
- fix issues when using PageEdit to edit epubs from outside of Sigil's environment
- properly detect and handle non utf-8 encodings
- properly convert html to xhtml syntax
- properly add the xml header file where needed
PageEdit-1.1.0 represents a mix of bug fixes and new features. Some of the highlights for this release include:
Dark mode suport for Windows Linux and macOSX. Mac is the only one of the three platforms where Qt inherently supports the system-level dark mode.
A brand-new higher-contrast icon set for PageEdit has been contributed by BeckyEbook. Thanks for all your contributions to this version @BeckyDTP !
Platform-specific Dark Mode details:
On Windows, darkmode is most commonly controlled by the darkmode settings in the latest version of Windows 10's settings. It won't work "on the fly" like many apps from the Windows Appstore, so you'll have to restart PageEdit if you change your system settings to see the settings take effect. To override the system setting (or to enable dark mode on versions of Windows that don't officially have a dark mode), use the PAGEEDIT_USES_DARK_MODE environnment variable (0 = off, anything else = on).
On Linux, PageEdit has made changes to try and honor all platform themes that users define for their Qt apps on their desktop of choice. So theme managers like qt5ct or kvantum should work well with changing PageEdit's look. There might be a bit of color/qss tweaking to do, but all-in-all, I've seen good results with a myriad of themes (dark and light). If you'd like to opt-in to PageEdit's own included dark palette, set the FORCE_PAGEEDIT_DARKMODE_PALETTE environment variable before launching PageEdit. That will cause PageEdit to ignore platform themes/overrides and to use the same dark palette that Windows uses. Note that PageEdit will also honor Sigil's environment variable for this purpose: FORCE_SIGIL_DARKMODE_PALETTE.
On macOSX, Dark mode should just work. Qt has added a lot of inherent support for Mac's dark mode and PageEdit has incorporated that support. Even on-the-fly time-of-day changes should work with Sigil.
- added support for a Dark Mode for Windows, Linux and macOS
- added new icons courtesy of BeckyEbook that work under both light and dark modes
- added Zoom-In, Zoom-Out, reset support to Inspector using key shortcuts (META +, META -, META 0)
- added support for controlling Windows/Linux HighDPI settings
- added support for setting the user interface font
- fix bug for linking to top of page in SelectHyperlink
- fix bug in zoom slider that did not reflect initial zoom setting on startup
- fix bug in missing icon sizes (Thanks BeckyEbook)
PageEdit-1.0. is primarily a new features release to add the ability to create hyperlinks.
- added ability to insert "id" attibutes into current xhtml file
- added ability to insert hyperlinks to other existing xhtml files (only when opened with OPF)
- added ability to insert links to existing images, audio, and video (open when opened with OPF)
- modified Qt code to fix the return after an h6 heading bug
- whitespace is now preserved in code tags