Technologies Used In This Demo
- Backbone.js - Gives structure to web applications by providing models with key-value binding and custom events, collections with a rich API of enumerable functions, views with declarative event handling, and connects it all to your existing API over a RESTful JSON interface.
- jQuery - A fast, concise, library that simplifies how to traverse HTML documents, handle events, perform animations, and add AJAX.
- Express - High performance, high class web development for node.js.
- Stylus - Expressive, dynamic, robust CSS for node.js
- Mongoose - A MongoDB object modeling tool designed to work in an asynchronous environment.
- MongoDB - A scalable, high-performance, open source NoSQL database.
Running the Demo locally
- Change the working directory to the project root:
$ cd <path to todosmvc directory>/labs/architecture-examples/backbone_node_mongo/
- Install dependencies using the node package manger (npm).
$ sudo npm link
- Start the Todos demo server from a different terminal window:
$ node app
- Visit http://localhost:3000 in a web browser.
Running the demo on HPE Helion Stackato
- stackato push -n
Make sure you are pushing to an HPE Helion Stackato cluster that has the mongodb service enabled.
- Jérôme Gravel-Niquet - Created original demo
- Addy Osmani - Cleanup, edits
- James O'Reilly - Added server-side tech from node.js to MongoDB.