Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- JyNI-2.7-alpha.5-bin-all-platforms-64.zip 1.24 MB
- JyNI-2.7-alpha.5-bin-linux-i686.tar.bz2 439 KB
- JyNI-2.7-alpha.5-bin-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 482 KB
- JyNI-2.7-alpha.5-bin-macosx-10.12-intel.tar.bz2 400 KB
- JyNI-2.7-alpha.5-bin-win-amd64.zip 392 KB
- JyNI-2.7-alpha.5-bin-win-x86.zip 320 KB
- JyNI.jar 171 KB
- Source code (zip)
- Source code (tar.gz)
With JyNI alpha 5, we proudly present the first version of JyNI that runs on Windows.
The main part of this release was developed within a Google Summer of Code project. We thank Google a lot for this wonderful program! For details about the development process including its numerous demanding issues, take a look at the GSoC blog of this project.
The most notable new features include:
- JyNI now builds and runs on Windows using a makefile-based toolchain and MSVC for Python 2.7
- ctypes, NumPy and Tkinter were explicitly asserted to work on Windows equally well as on POSIX (i.e. up to known limitations)
- improved support of
PyFileAPI by Christian Weilbach's contribution
- improved management of built-in extensions – datetime, _winreg, msvcrt are now built-in
- support of the _winreg module allows automatic detection of CPython's dll folder on Windows
- our new module
config_utilautomatically configures paths for CPython's dynamic library folder and lib-tk folder in a platform-independent fashion
- Tkinter on Windows – not as trivial as it might seem, Tkinter is enabled to properly auto-detect the location of Tcl, Tk and Tix bundled with a CPython installation
- mbcs support – JyNI now adds the
mbcsencoding to Jython (Windows only)
- JyNI provides
putenvimplementation in Jython –
os.environnow actually calls the system's underlying
putenvfunction on write access
- JyNI enables
sys.dllhandlefields for Jython on Windows
- various bugfixes
Requirements and platform support
JyNI v2.7-alpha.5 requires Jython 2.7.1.
JyNI v2.7-alpha.5 was tested with Java 7 and 8 on
- Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) (64 bit, 32 bit)
- Linux Mint 18 (64 bit)
- Mac OS-X (10.12)
- Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Windows 7 (64 bit)
Binaries are provided for Linux, OS-X and Windows.
Thanks go to
- Google for their excellent Google Summer of Code program
- Jim Baker, Frank Wierzbicki and Darjus Loktevic for mentoring the JyNI GSoC 2017 project
- Malte Darnstädt for testing on OS-X and providing JyNI release binaries for OS-X
- Christian Weilbach for working on the
- All Jython developers for constantly improving Jython
Note on NumPy 13.2
NumPy 13.2 is not supported by JyNI alpha 5 due to issues in Cython 0.27.
Please move on directly to NumPy 13.3, where this issue was fixed.
Note on NumPy 14.x
The NumPy 14 series does not work with this release of JyNI.
Please stick to NumPy 13.3, which is the latest NumPy release known to work with JyNI. We hope to fix issues with NumPy 14 (and 15) in the next release.
For details see #22.