Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Guidelines for reporting bugs
Thank you for your willingness to make TGMPA better!
For bug reports to be useful, they need to contain certain actionable information. A report such as "it does not work" is - unfortunately - not helpful.
Therefore, please read the information on this page carefully before submitting your bug report.
Before reporting something as a bug
- Before reporting a bug or suggesting an improvement, please check the
developbranch to see if it has already been addressed.
- Duplicate tickets will be closed without hesitation, so please search through existing tickets first to see if someone else has already discussed it.
- Also: Read the FAQ as your question may be answered there.
Make sure it's a TGMPA bug
- If you include TGMPA with a plugin, test if you can reproduce the issue if you activate one of the WP standard themes (e.g. Twenty Fifteen) and deactivate all other plugins not involved in the issue.
- If you include TGMPA with a theme, test if you can reproduce the issue if you deactivate all plugins not involved in the issue.
If you can't reproduce the issue anymore, it is most likely not a bug in TGMPA.
How To Prepare
- Create a GitHub account if you haven't got one already.
Submitting an actionable bug report
- Create an issue ticket for your issue if one doesn't exist yet.
- Make sure you include the following information:
- Version number of the WP installation.
- Version number of TGMPA used - if you're unsure, read the FAQ on how to figure out the version used.
- Describe the expected behaviour and what actually happened.
- Describe the steps you took to observe this behaviour, i.e. describe how to reproduce the issue.
- Screenshots or videos showing the observed behaviour are often helpful too.
- Additionally you may want to include the following information or we may ask for it if we deem it necessary:
- A list of all installed plugin and whether they are active or not.
- Which theme you are using.
- A copy of your TGMPA plugins and config arrays.