MCNet_Scientific_Computing_School_Project MCNet School of Scientific Programming 16-20 May 2016, Mariaspring https://indico.cern.ch/event/486432/
- A traffic simulation was created as a project in two half-days by four people during the MCNet school.
- For the programming of the traffic simulation the Python (“"Python" is a registered trademark of the Python Software Foundation”) language was used together with some additional python modules.
- The simulation can be started by typing python traffic.py
- Up to now traffic on four or n lanes is simulated.
- Two different kinds of car models are used - one simple car and one car with lane changing and overtaking possibilities.
- During the simulation a single ambulance car is simulated which frees its own lane and makes sure that all cars change to other lanes.
- The amount of cars can be given by using -n while their behaviour is partly randomly defined in the beginning.
- Some car crash detection is handling is implemented.
- During the simulation different sound effects are played.
- The Python Pandas module is used for a basic logging of car traffic behaviour and show figures are show after the traffic simulation has finished.
Attribution of work done by other people: The sounds were taken from Soundbible (http://soundbible.com), all rights and properties are according to the licenses of the sounds stated at their corresponding websites at Soundbible. Listing of sounds, their title, their corresponding origin, their license and their recorders to the best of our knowledge:
- ambiance.wav: Ambiance, http://soundbible.com/1419-Ambiance.html, Noncommercial 3.0, Recorded by yewbic
- ambulance.wav: Ambulance, http://soundbible.com/558-Ambulance.html, Attribution 3.0, Recorded by Mike Koenig
- honk.wav: Horn-Honk, http://soundbible.com/1048-Horn-Honk.html, Attribution 3.0, Recorded by Mike Koenig
- crash.wav: Car-Brake-Crash, http://soundbible.com/1757-Car-Brake-Crash.html, Attribution 3.0, Recorded by Cam Martinez
Please refer to LICENSE.md file for further information on copyrights and licenses.