Revealing regional disparities in outcomes, determinants, and mediations of the COVID-19 pandemic
COVIDMINDER reveals the regional disparities in outcomes, determinants, and mediations of the COVID-19 pandemic. Outcomes are the direct effects of COVID-19. Social and Economic Determinants are pre-existing risk factors that impact COVID-19 outcomes. Mediations are resources and programs used to combat the pandemic.
- Home repository: https://github.com/TheRensselaerIDEA/COVIDMINDER
- For those new to github: https://education.github.com/git-cheat-sheet-education.pdf (github cheatsheet)
Production Deployment (deployed 10 Apr 2020; updated daily)
- http://covidminder.idea.rpi.edu (info and resources link)
- https://inciteprojects.idea.rpi.edu/apps/covidminder/ (link app)
To deploy locally:
- Clone the github repository
- In R:
setwd()to the COVIDMINDER directory
app.Rin RStudio (ie in the source code pane, simply select "Run App" on the top right corner)
Data Sources: Updated daily! (See also
- app.R: The main application file which includes the Shiny application code for both UI and server.
- README.md: The file includes the documentation for this project.
- /modules: The application is divided into several modules based on their functions which are all located inside this directory.
- /data: This directory includes all the data files used in the project, including both json as well as CSV files.
- /LDI: This directory includes all the LDI related Rmd and HTML files.
- /www: Files associated esp. with HTML stylin'
- /data_downloaders: Scripts for manually pulling data from various sources