Semantic Text Annotator
The repository contains the Semantic Text Annotator extension for Semantic MediaWiki. The extension provides a plugin for capturing Text Annotations of wiki articles.
Click here for a Demo. In order to try the Demo you need to log in into the sandbox wiki.
Table of content
- Annotator setup
- Related Extensions
- Download and extract the repository
- Place the extracted folder in your extension folder of MediaWiki
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'SemanticTextAnnotator' );
- To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier: Add the folloding at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Go to Special Pages and Click on Semantic Text Annotator under the Group Annotation
- Remark: Only Users with sysops rights are allowed to access the page.
- Click on the Install button to setup Semantic Image Annotator and refresh the Special Page
- You can now Link PageForms to Annotation-Categories by using the Table on Special Page
- Go to a Wiki Article (In the NameSpace 0)
- On the top appears the Annotate Button. Click on it to start the Annotation Mode
- Afterwards you can select a text phrase and click on the popup Button
- Remark: If the user has no permission to create/edit pages, then no popup appears.
- You can enter a Comment to the Annotation and select an Annotation-Category (Linked by using the Special Page)
- A popup appears to enter additional information, based on the selected PageForm
- Click on save to store the annotation
- Mouseover an annotation. A popup appears. Click on the Delete button.
- The annotations are stored in a structured way.
- Every annotated Wikipage has its own overview page (Annotation:PAGENAME) which lists all annotations.
- The following figure shows the query for listing all Pages for a certain Wiki page.
The Semantic Text Annotator is currently under the MIT License.
The idea of the Semantic Text Annotator is based on a previous extension by Oliver Lutzi. For the Semantic Text Annotator is the JS Library annotator.js used. This Extension was created for the Semantic MediaWiki Seminar of the AIFB in WS17/18. Thank you to Karsten Hoffmeyer for supporting the extension and provding bug fixes.
- Semantic Image Annotator
- Planned: Semantic Video Annotator
- Planned: Semantic PDF Annotator