Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
About the book
1st edition: Published August 2001
2nd edition: Published May 2006
Errata: Found a bug in the book? Want to request a change, expansion, or clarification in future editions? Please contact us by using the errata instructions for each book.
Institutions using it as a textbook
If you are using the book in an educational setting please let us know. Contact info is at the bottom of this page.
- Rollins College, Les Lloyd, Masters in Information Technology
- 2003, 2004, 2005
- Northern College of Applied Arts & Technology, Computer Studies
- 2004, 2006
Northern Kentucky University, Computer Information Technology
- 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010, James Walden
University of Amsterdam Master of System and Network Engineering
- 2006 2007 2008 2009, Jaap van Ginkel
Lehigh University Computer Science and Engineering
- 2004 2006 2008 2010, Brian Davison
RMIT (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) University
- COSC1131/33 Unix Systems Administration(Linux) , 2009, 2010, Don Gingrich
- Steven Jenkins writes: "I taught two offerings of an Advanced Topics in System Administration course to graduate students (i.e., those getting an MS). Various notes, project examples, slides, etc can be obtained by contacting Steven Jenkins at gmail (no spaces in username) for a copy."
- James Walden writes: "I taught four offerings of an Advanced System Administration course to CIT students at NKU. Slides and labs can be found at [http://faculty.cs.nku.edu/~waldenj/classes/2010/spring/cit470-001/schedule.html]
- Brian Davison writes: "I teach a course in system administration every other year to undergrads at Lehigh. Current year slides and labs can be found at [http://www.cse.lehigh.edu/~brian/course/sysadmin/] but for a complete course you might want to look at older versions such as [http://www.cse.lehigh.edu/~brian/course/2008/sysadmin/]"