uqcsbot is a chat bot built in python for use on our UQCS Slack Team.
Setting up the bot
pip install -e .
Running the bot in the communal dev Slack team
- Ensure you've joined the uqcstesting Slack team
python3 -m uqcsbot --dev
If a bot was available, it will now be running on uqcstesting.
Running the bot in a custom Slack team
- Create a Slack workspace
- Create a new Slack app
- Add a bot user to your app
- Install your app to your workspace. Install App > Install App to Workspace
- Copy the Bot User OAuth Access Token and set it as an environment variable under
- Go to Basic Information, copy your Verification Token and set it as an environment variable under
python3 -m uqcsbot
The bot will now be running on your custom Slack.
- Ensure you have Tox installed (run
pip install -e tox)
toxfrom the same directory as this README
The bot uses pytest. You can run the tests with the command
pytest from the project's root directory. It should automatically discover the tests (which are located in the
You don't need to have set up a Slack team to run the tests; they capture the messages which would have been sent to Slack by the bot.
All new scripts must come with tests before they will be accepted into the bot.