Z3950 Connector and Modified Display built for use in Harvard's Stack View project
Server environment (WAMP, LAMP)
- I recommend installing the above packages from source rather than your server's built-in repositories, as, at least with Ubuntu, these packages seem to be out-of-date otherwise
- Has been tested on an Ubuntu 10.04 LAMP server pointing to a III (Millennium) Z3950 Server (using scan and search services)
The instructions below demonstrate how use WSULS' Z3950 connector and display in conjunction with Harvard LIL's Stack View project.
- Download SVCatConnector
- Unpackage and place it in a web-accessible folder on your webserver
- Modify ownership of the SVCatConnector/json/temp/ folder so that the webserver (perhaps called httpd or www-data if using Apache) has write permission
- Modify SVCatConnector/php/settings.php to configure your Z3950 instance
- In your browser, navigate to SVCatConnector/index.php, and you should see your catalog stack.
- Errors in your configuration should appear on the index page.