Raspberry Pi / Roam
This package wirelessly connects a Raspberry Pi to available WiFi networks and bridges the connection to an access point.
You will need a Raspberry Pi 3 and an extra WiFi adapter. For initial setup, you will need to wire your Pi to a router.
The Pi has to be up and running a fresh image of Raspbian. If not, please follow this installation guide.
1 - Download this repository.
2 - Use secure copy to push the application directory onto the Pi (default password is: raspberry).
$ scp -r path/to/rpi-roam-webapp/roam firstname.lastname@example.org:.
3 - Take control with SSH (default password is: raspberry).
$ ssh email@example.com
4 - Run the setup script.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo bash roam/setup.sh
The script will ask for some information.
- Access Point Name : The SSID, basically the name of our Pi's WiFi. (default: Raspberry Pi)
- Access Point Password : The passkey of our Pi's WiFi. Pick it well ! (default: raspberry)
- Access Point Interface : The interface to bridge to (default: wlan0)
- Adapter Interface : Our receiver, the one to bridge from (default: wlan1)
- Host Name : The .local address of the Pi. (default: raspberrypi)
- Local Network Address : "192.168.0" or whatever, just make sure to follow this IP format: three levels only ! (default: 10.0.0)
- Application Port : The port to run the application on. (default: 80)
- Application Name : The title to give to the application page... (default: Raspberry Pi)
- Connection Process Interval : Interval inbetween each "auto" connection attempt, in minutes. (default: 2)
It may take some time since it runs
apt-get install &
This package will automatically connect to known available networks.
To save a new network, access the application on the Pi's .local host (
http://raspberrypi.local:80 by defaults) and set up the WiFi.
Once connection is made, our Pi will bridge it to our access point.