This is a utility to crawl Steam's servers for pricing data, and output it as a reddit table in markdown format. It checks for regional pricing, metascore, trading cards, and PCGW support.
To use, simply paste any Steam URLs into the form - separated by line breaks - and press Generate Table. You can see the progress as the table fills in below, and the spinning indicator will stop once it is complete.
Steampunk Spider uses a threading system for the network requests to make the script as fast as possible. If however Steam starts rate limiting you (there will be a notice and automatic-retry), the number of threads and heartbeat speed are configurable to mitigate this problem.
This tool was written with love for the /r/GameDeals community, but is free to use or take apart for any other use. Licensed under MIT, open to pull requests.
v1.0.7 - 2018-11-22
- Adding (now functional) AUD column
v1.0.6 - 2018-06-21
- Updating formatting to use icons for yes/no
- Removing AUD column
v1.0.5 - 2018-06-21
- Switching to secure links, resolving crawl errors
v1.0.4 - 2017-01-13
- Adding error detection to catch cases of incomplete Steam json data
- Updated jQuery/Bootstrap/html5shiv libraries
v1.0.3 - 2016-01-16
- Fixed PCGamingWiki detection
- Reworded status alert when rate-limiting
- Updated jQuery/Bootstrap libraries, removed unneeded files
v1.0.2 - 2015-05-11
- Made HTTP requests asynchronous again
v1.0.1 - 2015-01-20
- PC Gaming Wiki only shows for apps now, not subs
- Added site whitelist to PHP lookup
- Small HTML validation fix
v1.0.0 - 2015-01-18
- Initial release