Wowza GoCoder SDK for Android Sample App
This repository contains a sample application that demonstrates the capabilities of the Wowza GoCoder™ SDK for Android and is provided for developer educational purposes. To build your own application, you must use the GoCoder SDK.
NOTE: The GoCoder SDK library necessary to build this app is not provided with this sample code. For a free trial of the SDK, complete the GoCoder SDK trial sign-up form to receive a link where you can download the SDK along with a free trial license key.
Android Studio v2.3.3 or later.
Access to a Wowza Streaming Engine™ media server or a Wowza Streaming Cloud™ account. You can request a free Wowza Streaming Engine trial by completing the Wowza Streaming Engine trial sign-up form or sign up for a Wowza Streaming Cloud trial by completing the Wowza Streaming Cloud free trial form.
Sample App Activities
The sample app includes a number of activities that demonstrate the features of the GoCoder SDK, including:
- CameraActivity.java, which uses the SDK to capture and broadcast video using the device's internal cameras,
- InfoActivity.java, which uses the SDK's version and device interrogation APIs to list detailed information about the SDK and the mobile device, and
- MP4BroadcastActivity.java, which uses WOWZBroadcast, WOWZBroadcastAPI, and related classes and interfaces to broadcast frames from a local MP4 file.
- GoCoder SDK Technical Articles
- GoCoder SDK for Android Reference Docs
- GoCoder SDK for Android Release Notes
- Wowza GoCoder SDK Community Forum
Wowza Media Systems™ provides developers with a platform to create streaming applications and solutions. See Wowza Developer Tools to learn more about our APIs and SDK.
This code is distributed under the BSD 3-Clause License.